- Pappadums 75p each
Set of three chutneys £1.75
- Peas & Potato Tikki with Sprouted Beans £4.75
Peas & potato patti with spices & fresh herbs drizzled with yoghurt, tamarind & sprouted beans, garnished with assorted baby cress leaves.
- Samosa with Chana Masala & Cottage Cheese £4.00
Samosa with peas & potatoes (Punjabi Samosa) served with cheese & chick pea curry.
- Vegetable Bhanavla £4.00
Our version of the ubiquitous onion bhaji, first steamed & then griddled in the authentic Maharashtrian way.
- Prawn & Aubergine Kharphatla £7.75
A warm medley of jumbo prawns & aubergine finished off with a caramelised onion, tomato & pickle masala.
6. Bhajela Calamari £6.75
Curls of squid sautéed with crushed garlic, black pepper, red onion and capsicum.
- Scallops in Hirva Masala £7.95
Scallops marinated in fresh herbs & spices, griddled on tawa (iron pan), served with assorted baby leaves & cress.
- Shikampuri Kebab £5.75
A delicate kebab of chicken mince, spices & fresh herbs from Nizam’s of Hyderabad, stuffed with Indian cottage cheese & mint, served with hot & sour onion relish.
- Methi Malai Tikka £5.75
Succulent pieces of chicken breast, marinated with dried fenugreek cheese & griddled in a clay oven (main course portion also available, please ask the order taker).
- Nawabi Lamb Salli £5.95
Lean minced lamb with fresh fenugreek, mint, coriander, spices, stuffed with Paneer- Indian cottage cheese, served with spicy tomato & onion relish.
- Vegetable Kofta & Spinach Curry £8.75
A mixed vegetable dumpling stuffed with cottage cheese in onion & spinach gravy.
- Tandoori Artichoke & Paneer with warm spicy roasted vegetable relish £9.75
Indian Cottage cheese & artichoke griddled in clay oven & served with rich spicy relish of cashew nut & roasted vegetables.
- Jumbo Prawns in Pomegranate seeds & Dill £13.75
Jumbo prawns marinated in yoghurt, pomegranate seeds & dill griddled & served with onion, ginger & tomato relish.
- Karwari Fish Curry £11.75
Seasonal fish curry from the west coast of India with an unusual flavour of the spice (trifala) only native to that area.
- Duck Chettinad £11.75
Breast of duck in a blend of Chettinad community spices, roasted coconut & tempered with mustard seeds & curry leaves.
- Chicken Makhani £8.75
Succulent pieces of tandoori chicken tikka, simmered in a tomato & fenugreek gravy.
- Kerala Chicken Stew £8.75
A delicate chicken stew from the Syrian Christian community from Kerala, with vegetables, coconut milk & freshly tempered with mustard seeds & curry leaves.
- Chicken Miravna £8.75
A classic chicken dish from the earliest settled community of Mumbai (the Pathare Prabhu) using natural green fresh herbs & spices.
- Malabar Chicken Curry £8.75
Chicken breast cubes tempered with mustard seeds, whole crushed spices, sliced onions, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, tomatoes & finished with tamarind & coconut milk.
- Saffron Chicken Korma £8.75
Chicken breast cubes, cooked in a very delicate onion, cashew nut & saffron gravy.
- Chicken Jhalfrezi £8.75
Succulent pieces of tandoori chicken tikka, stir-fried with onions, peppers, tomatoes & green chillies, simmered in light tomato gravy, finished with fresh herbs in Zing style.
- Fish Shirale £11.75
Assorted seafood, poached in a delicate sauce of spices, herbs, gram flour, virgin extract of coconut milk & finished with onion & tomato masala.
- Khyber Pass Raan £11.75
Shanks of lamb braised in a robust gravy of poppy seed, onions, ginger & spices. A northwest frontier dish.
- Lamb Roganjosh £8.95
Lamb cooked in a traditional style originated from ‘Awadh’ region in North India with a unique flavour of rogan (tinged, flavoured & spiced oil) & josh – a strong punch of knuckle juice & marrow.
- Nilgiri Lamb £8.95
A hill station lamb curry made using stone ground spices, coconut & fresh green herbs.
- Lamb Dhansak £8.95
Lamb cooked with dill, pumpkin, aubergine, tamarind, fenugreek & lentils (A speciality of the Mumbai Parsee community)
- Ghatti Lamb £8.95
A robust dish form the Sahyadri Ranges made with fresh, hand pounded herbs & black pepper.
- Gymkhana Lamb Chops £14.75
Lamb cutlets marinated in ginger, green chillies & mint, served with a smooth spicy lamb jus.
(Side dishes can be served as a main course portion with a supplement of £2.50 added to it, please ask the order taker)
- Seasonal vegetable foogath £5.75
Tempered with mustard seeds, coconut & curry leaves.
- Subz Paneer Makhani £5.75
Mixed vegetable & cottage cheese in tomato & fenugreek sauce.
- Sukka Mushroom Bhaji £5.50
Exotic Mushrooms with sharp Madras shallots & spices.
- Goda Batata Rassa £4.25
New potatoes in a blend of tomatoes & onion gravy tempered with mustard seeds & Asafoetida.
- Baingan & Makai Bharta £5.75
Smoked aubergine, onion & corn.
- Meloni Tarkari £5.50
Spinach, fenugreek & dill leaves.
- Tadka Dal £4.75
Lentils, garlic & red chillies.
- Ma Di Daal £5.75
(Available only on Saturday & Sunday)
Black lentils, ginger & spices.
- Dum Gobi Matar £5.50
Braised cauliflower with onions, spices & green peas.
- Bhindi Do piazza £5.75
Okra, Onion, tomatoes, peppers with black salt & roasted cumin.
- Chana Masala £4.75
Chickpeas with tomatoes, onions & dried mango powder.
- Indian Zest Salad £3.25
Seasonal salad leaves with cucumber, carrot,tomatoes & sprouted beans.
- Raita £3.50
Smoked aubergine, onion tomato & cucumber or a combination of any.
- Bhujung Biryani £12.50
Lighter version of traveller’s biryani made in the suburbs of Mumbai express highway (Vasai) with puffed or pulao rice with your choice of Prawns, Chicken, Lamb or Vegetable served with Raita, Vegetable sauce & Pappadum.(Add a £2.75 for Prawn Biryani)
Rice & Breads
- Aromatic basmati rice £2.75
- Jeera & saffron pulao £3.25
- Lemon & Ginger rice £3.50
- Rice with roasted spices & vegetable (Masala Bhat) £4.50
- Leavened bread (Naan) £2.75
- Whole wheat bread (Roti) £2.75
- Leavened bread with Garlic (Garlic Naan) £3.25
- Coconut & raisins stuffed in leavened bread (Peshwari Naan) £3.50
- Cottage cheese stuffed in leavened bread (Paneer kulcha) £3.50
- Layered whole wheat bread (Lachha paratha) £3.25
- Bread of the day (Please ask the waiter) £3.50
- Rasmalai £3.75
Casein of milk poached in saffron & caramelised milk.
- Gulab Jamun £3.75
Caramelised milk dumplings.
- Cobra – 330ml – 4.8% (India) £2.95
- Tiger – 330ml – 4.8% (Singapore) £2.95
- Brakspear Organic Beer – 500ml – 4.6% (UK) £4.95
- Aspall Classic Organic Cider – 500ml – 7.0% (UK) £4.95
- Coke/Diet Coke – 330ml glass bottle £2.50
- Lemonade/Sprite – 330ml glass bottle £2.50
- Sill/Sparkling Water – 750cl £2.95
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Les Templiers Vin de Pays – France £13.75
Blackcurrant & blackberry flavours with ripe balanced tannins.
- Sula Shiraz – Sula Vineyard Nashik – India £16.75
Full bodied red fruit flavours & a rich & smooth finish.
- Chardonnay, Les Templiers Vin de Pays, France – £13.75
A crisp white wine with refreshing citrus fruit flavours.
- Sauvignon Blanc Sula Vineyard Nashik – India – £16.75
Herbaceous, crisp & dry, with hints of green pepper & a touch of spice at the finish.
If you cannot see any of your favourite dishes on
our regional menu (Korma, Masala, Curry, Madras, Jhalfarezi, Do Peaza, Saag, Bhuna, Balti, Dhansak, Vindaloo or Rogan) just let us know & our chefs can prepare them for delivery.